Friday, June 24, 2016

Welcome to the blog!

Hey readers!

I'm Matthew Cartier, a fourth year undergraduate in Classical Studies at the University of Chicago. I was lucky enough to be accepted into the American School of Classical Studies at Athens (ASCSA) Summer Session for six weeks of study and travel in Greece. 

This blog is (hopefully) going to have daily updates while I'm traveling. Access to the internet seems likely at the hotels we'll be staying at. 

Also, a brief explanation on the name of the blog - Pausanias was a Roman traveler extraordinaire, but he also wrote copiously about Greece in his book Description of Greece. This book has been used by modern archaeologists to find sites and confirm finds as well - Pausanias was no slouch about accuracy. Anyways, as I am also traveling around Greece and taking lots of pictures, I figured the shoutout in the name of the blog was appropriate.

If you have history questions or I completely get something wrong or you just want to nerd out about history, email me at mcartiermoc@gmail.com with Blog Inquiry - [topic here]. Thanks and happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment